Proof of Identification and Proof of Address

Information Required of Landlords and Tenants

In order to comply with the Proceeds of Crime Act 202 and the Money Laundering Regulations Act 2007 we require you to provide us with one proof of identity and one proof of residence, which can be selected from the list below. 

You should either send us the original documents for copying or returning to you; or provide us with copies certified by a solicitor or Notary as genuine. We cannot accept printouts of online bank statements or utility bills. 

If you have provided these documents to our Sales Progression Team in the purchase of a property then we will use these documents. You do not need to supply twice. However, you may still be required to provide certified documents to solicitors and lenders and they may have more stringent conditions about who can certify a document. 

Who can certify a document

Your document must be certified by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’). You could ask the following if they offer this service:

  • bank or building society official, councillor, minister of religion, dentist, chartered accountant, solicitor or notary, teacher or lecturer

The person you ask should not be related to you, living at the same address, in a relationship with you



  • Current signed passport
  • Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)
  • EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this)
  • Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence
  • National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
  • Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
  • Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
  • Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
  • Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
  • Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
  • Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
  • HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year

If you are a company we require copies of any two of the following documents:

  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Memorandum and Articles of Association
  • a set of the latest accounts.
  • the most recent annual companies house return.

In addition, we will require Individual proof of at least one of the directors of the Company. 

Upload your documents today!


Chat to the
Onboarding Team

Let us effortlessly . Enter your details and we'll return your call or simply call +44 (0)1522 503 710