What is the Sales progression process for buy-to-let property investors?
Your ideal sales progression process should be to make it as effortless as possible.
The eight steps to purchasing your buy-to-let
The following points illustrate the steps you are likely to need to follow when buying off-plan or new build property:
- Find the right development in the right location.
- Arrange the appropriate finance for the purchase well in advance.
- Reserve your chosen property and pay the reservation fees (usually between £500 and £5,000).
- Arrange a surveyor’s valuation of the property, which your mortgage lender will require after an offer has been made.
- Make sure all the mortgage paperwork is complete and ready to go.
- Exchange legal contracts and pay the deposit (usually between 5% and 25%).
- Conduct a snagging survey about two weeks before final completion and check the property for any defects.
Be ready for completion (there are usually two dates, a ‘short stop’ and a ‘long stop’ − the former is the date by which the developers expect to have finished the building works; the latter is the date by which they must have done so).
However, at this stage our work for you has only just begun.
Effortless property management
Before you complete we will have started working to find ideal tenants. Once completion takes place, we ramp up these efforts and provide all of the following services:
- Marketing of your property
- Vetting of potential tenants
- Inspections and inventory
- Rent collection
- Maintenance and repairs
As an Ezytrac client and buy-to-let landlord, you’ll benefit from a range of benefits that DIY landlords don’t have. As well as all the above, we’ll be on hand to offer advice and support whenever it is needed. We’ll provide tried-and-tested, watertight tenancy agreements. Rents collected will be in your account within 24 hours of appearing in our bank account. And our property investment and management experts will be at your disposal to discuss strategy, review your portfolio, and research your property’s value.
If you have question or want to learn more about this why not chat with the team 01522503717 or email me.
Other Compliance Articles By Caroline
Head of Sales Progression
If you have sales progression questions I am happy to provide detail answers to even the most detailed problems you face.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
LET'S GET STARTED